Non-alcoholic cocktails? That’s a bit Boring! Hang on, Hang on..
I am sure we have all had the experience of being a designated driver? And I’m sure half of us have experienced pregnancy or will one of these days. Well then, we can all sympathize and therefore we can all use a recipe or two when it comes to non-alcoholic cocktails so here we are, sharing a few of our faves.
Here’s 7 Non-Alcoholic Cocktails to try at home
- Cheat’s ginger beer
- Orange & cranberry spritz
- Taxi Driver
- Blueberry & mint iced tea
- Apple, elderflower & mint sparkle
- Gooseberry & mint lemonade
- Raspberry cordial
Cheat’s Ginger Beer
- 100g ginger
- 1 lemon
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1-litre chilled lemonade or sparkling water, to serve
- Put the ginger and lemon and sugar in a pot, pour over 300ml water and bring to a gentle simmer. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth and then strain and chill.
- Decant into a bottle. Chill until ready to use. Add the lemonade or sparkling water to dilute before serving.
Orange & Cranberry Spritz (perfect when the rest of the gang is on the Aperol)
- 500ml smooth orange juice
- 500ml smooth cranberry juice
- 400ml sparkling elderflower cordial
- Mix together the orange and cranberry juice in a large jug.
- Pour the juice mix into separate glasses then top up with elderflower cordial.
Taxi Driver (Taxi drivers love non-alcoholic cocktails 😉
- 100ml/3½fl oz cranberry juice
- 500ml orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Thin wedges of lime
- Thin wedges of orange
- 600ml Appetiser
- Mix the cranberry juice in a large jug with the orange and lime juices.
- Put wedges of lime and orange, a few mint leaves and some ice in a glass, then pour in the mixed fruit juices and top up with Appetiser.
Blueberry Ice Tea
- 5 peppermint tea bags
- 140g frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Lemon Wedges
- Take half a litre of water and make a pot of tea with the peppermint teabags.
- Take the blueberries and sugar and muddle them. Strain the tea over the blueberry mix and dissolve all the sugar before chilling. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh lemon and mint.
Apple, Mint and Elderflower Spritz
- 75ml elderflower cordial
- 1l apple juice
- Bottle sparkling water
- Very simple, mix, serve with lots of ice and oh my will you feel refreshed.
Gooseberry & Mint Lemonade
- 250g caster or granulated sugar
- 3 large lemons
- 350g gooseberry
- Fresh mint
- Sparkling water
- Take the Gooseberries, lemon juice and sugar and simmer lightly with 300 ml of water. Once the gooseberries are soft hit them with a stick blender and blitz before straining and chilling.
- To serve, dilute the gooseberry syrup with sparkling water, ice, fresh mint and lemon to garnish
Proper Raspberry Cordial (the kids will love this one also)
- 500g frozen raspberry
- 500g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Put everything in a pot and simmer. Then blitz, strain and chill.
- The syrup will keep for several weeks.
- To serve simply top with ice and still or sparkling water.
Have you dabbled in the world of non-alcoholic cocktails recently? We would love to hear of some more recipe’s if you have them?